Sunday, May 15, 2011

Airplane Friends

Meet Charlie and Marie.  They are an elderly couple from Southern Indiana who live really close to where I used to live in Kentucky.  They're both retired and they've traveled the world.  This isn't their first trip to Alaska, but it's their most important trip so far.  Why do I say this?  Because this time they have a purpose: Bird Watching. (!!!)



At first they were going to make me pay them, to let me into my assigned window seat.  Because of this, I instantly knew we were going to be friends.  As I was sitting next to them on the plane, I couldn't help but adore how excited they were to see different species of birds.  Marie was wearing a vest with bird-pins on it.  Charlie (an extremely, soft-spoken sweet old man) didn't say much, but he was content to let his wife speak. [cutest.couple.EVER.] They're meeting with a famous bird photographer who is going to show them around the Kenai Peninsula.  HOW NEAT IS THAT?

So I did make friends on an airplane.  And I couldn't have picked better ones myself.

Make some friends.  Have a Joyful Sunday.
Love Aranda

2 comments:

  1. haha your too brilliant Aranda, I MISS YOU and crazy random fun stuff. (im reading all the older blogs that i havnt had a chance to read yet) im sorry im not a faithful reader, i will be better in the future i promise, as long as you become a more faithful blogger. haha and i just apparently created a blog account so i could wright (<thats the right, right.. right?) this comment. feel special.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked this! haha I MISS YOU TOO. I need to become more faithful to my blog. It's 'write' lol, but I who am I to correct grammar? I FEEL SO SPECIAL.

    ReplyDelete